About Dawn Brown
An experienced HR Consultant with a strong generalist background, I have operated at a senior level in a variety of sectors including National Governing Bodies, Retail and Information Technology.
I held a number of positions with Marks & Spencer plc before joining the management team of an IT company where I was instrumental in assisting the board with major growth and diversification. My last position in the corporate environment was HR Director (Recruitment and Reward) for the UK’s leading supplier of IT solutions to education.
For the past twelve years, I have operated as a freelance HR Consultant providing a variety of clients with a range of HR advice and support.
My strength lies in my ability to empathise with Managers and help them with their business and people issues. My experience and expertise covers a wide range of topics including:
- Recruitment practices, policies and legislation
- Selection methods, including assessment centres psychometric tests and personality profiles
- Organisation and Design
- Employment policy and legislation
- Design and development of HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- HR compliance audits
- Implementation of performance management processes
Redundancy policies, procedures and legislation