- Iglo Group operates across UK & Europe, growing through acquisition Bold performance ambitions in a competitive market require everyone to contribute their best
- Culture of private equity, followed by the recent sale of the business has encouraged a short-term results focus
- Growth and retention of high calibre people is key to current and future success
- Engagement surveys highlight opportunities for increasing the effectiveness of line managers
- Work in partnership with HR leaders to simplify and re-articulate the behaviours that underpin organisational values
- Stimulate increased ownership of development through provision of easily accessible tools and resources
- Define consistent management and leadership practices
- Design and pilot workshop interventions to engage managers and leaders in being the best they can be
- Equip HR team with skills and confidence to own and deliver workshop roll out within own areas/countries
- Worked in partnership with HR leadership team to review, simplify and clarify critical organisational behaviours linked to values, for consultation with key stakeholders
- Collated, updated and refreshed development tools and resources which now have an online presence
- Through consultation across European countries designed ‘One Iglo Way’ of managing people and further developed this into workshops covering self and team review and key skills for managers and leaders
- Conducted train the trainer sessions and co-facilitated with HR team members across Europe to build confidence and capability to drive programme forwards
- Behaviours framework agreed by Board
- All new managers in all countries now have consistent support and training in managing people following ‘One Iglo Way’
- Existing managers are choosing to revisit and refresh their skills and knowledge through accessing online tools and participating in workshops
- Programme for leaders has been piloted for UK leadership team and will roll out across Europe from early 2016
Positive Dynamics developed and supported the roll out of a Leadership Development programme which addressed a number of core business challenges, most specifically the need for high performance teams. They demonstrated the ability to get to the core of business issues and develop pragmatic solutions to meet real needs. Positive Dynamics are flexible and adaptable to client needs which results in solutions that not only meet the business needs but are positively embraced by senior leadership and delegates alike
- Worked with a number of large and medium sized Sports, including British Boxing, British Gymnastics, British Paralympic Association, British Rowing, England Rugby, English Institute of Sport, Hockey GB, Triathlon, Wheelchair Basketball, UK Anti Doping, UK Athletics, UK Sport
- Projects have varied and include: organisational reviews, development of culture, restructuring, talent & succession planning, performance and reward strategy, development of HR strategies, end-to-end executive recruitment.
- Most of these organisations have limited internal senior Organisational Development & HR experts, and we have taken on this role, sometimes sitting around the Exec table for the duration of the assignment
British Paralympic Association
Prior to London 2012 we managed the appointment of a new CEO, and supported him to complete an organisational review. As a result changes were made to the management structure with more focus on operational effectiveness. Values were developed and a high performance culture established, with supporting HR infrastructure and development & reward strategies. London 2012 saw the most successful Paralympic games ever for TeamGB. We continue to provide coaching and development services to the BPA.
Between 2006 and ongoing we have completed various initiatives with UK Sport including: employee engagement, restructuring, and succession & talent planning. We also provide Executive coaching and development services. London 2012 saw the most successful Olympic games ever for TeamGB.
Various Sport National Governing Bodies
We have worked with various NGB’s to perform HR Health Checks, including review of: structure, culture, policies and procedures, remuneration, and adherence to current employment law.
Between 2006 & ongoing we have completed significant Executive recruitment projects for high profile NGB’s. We created bespoke processes, including advertising & application handling, psychometric profiling, designing assessment centres, designing & managing competency based panel processes.
Between 2010 & 2011 we supported the then CEO of England Rugby to completely overhaul the organisation. After extensive stakeholder and employee feedback changes were made to the culture, focus and senior structure of the organisation.
The Executive team was significantly restructured and modernised to give the directors the autonomy & accountability to deliver; and independent directors were appointed to the Board. The balance between the commercial, grass-roots and elite arms of the organisation were re-established. During our time at the RFU England won the Six Nations Trophy.
Positive Dynamics are a creative and dedicated team of professionals who’ve enabled us to make a step change in leadership & governance across Olympic & Paralympic Sport. Thank you